Granola: Crunchy Health Breakfast - Energy guaranteed, and so tasty!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 750 gram Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 100 ml Apple juice no sugar added!
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 20 grams coconut flakes
- 50 gram raisins
- 50 grams raw peanuts
- 50 grams banana chips no sugar added - I dehydrate bananas - but you can buy :
- 30 grams dried strawberries or blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries etc
- 20 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 20 grams sunflowers seeds
- 200 grams of trail mix instead of raisins nuts, seeds, dried fruits...
Set Oven to 180 degrees celsius
In grease proof paper lined Baking tray, spread out Oats and sprinkle with Cinnamon.
Pour Honey, Olive Oil and Apple Juice on top and mix.
Place Baking tray in oven for 20 minutes, re-mixing the oats after 1/2 time.
After 20 minutes - your Oat mix is golden.
Turn off Oven but do NOT take out until the Oats mix is completely cool and crumbly.
In large bowl mix raisins, nuts, dried fruits and seeds OR all of the trail mix.
When the oats are cool and crumbly - mix with the raisins, etc
Pour the granola into a jar and enjoy 1 serving size of 50 grams for breakfast everyday on top of natural live yoghurt and fresh berries.
Granola is YUM! ENJOY!
Notes: Feel free to add or take away. This recipe is for inspiration.
Adapted from The Hairy Bikers