Recipe for Granola that gives you a breakfast that is a sure energy booster. Fuel to give you a feel good feeling on dark mornings and add sunshine to your days’ activities.
Recipe For Granola
Crunchy, tasty, healthy and easy to make. To get your ingredients you will enjoy trips to a good farmers market, or well stocked super market. Choose your oats, grains, dried fruits and seeds. Use the recipe for Granola as inspiration and add what you like best. I vary mine according to season, and add extra cinnamon and ginger when its cold for instance.
This recipe for Granola could also be called a muesli, but the main thing is to get grains, seeds and dried (no-sugar added) fruits into you as your starter fuel.
- 750 gram Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 100 ml Apple juice (no sugar added!)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 20 grams coconut flakes
- 50 gram raisins
- 50 grams raw peanuts
- 50 grams banana chips (no sugar added - I dehydrate bananas - but you can buy 🙂
- 30 grams dried strawberries (or blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries etc)
- 20 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 20 grams sunflowers seeds
- 200 grams of trail mix instead of raisins, nuts, seeds, dried fruits...
- Set Oven to 180 degrees celsius
- In grease proof paper lined Baking tray, spread out Oats and sprinkle with Cinnamon.
- Pour Honey, Olive Oil and Apple Juice on top and mix.
- Place Baking tray in oven for 20 minutes, re-mixing the oats after 1/2 time.
- After 20 minutes - your Oat mix is golden.
- Turn off Oven but do NOT take out until the Oats mix is completely cool and crumbly.
- In large bowl mix raisins, nuts, dried fruits and seeds OR all of the trail mix.
- When the oats are cool and crumbly - mix with the raisins, etc
- Pour the granola into a jar and enjoy 1 serving size of 50 grams for breakfast everyday on top of natural live yoghurt and fresh berries.
- Granola is YUM! ENJOY!
- Notes: for the recipe
Do you like recipes and healthy food? Check out our healthy recipes, and posts about lifestyle changes you can do to Feel, Be and Do Good. Subscribe to our newsletter and get all the updates directly into your in-box.
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good