Banana Cake is a healthier take on a classic recipe. This award-winning contribution by a young man who believes in ‘happy’ food is a welcome addition to our recipe collection.
Try out the sugarfree Banana Cake recipe and read more about why it is so good for you – especially if you have food intolerances or allergies.
Banana Cake Recipe
This recipe is a new take on a classic. The secret lies in the use of ripe Bananas, wholegrain flour and a sprinkle of ‘happiness’
George is a young man who cooks up a storm in the kitchen. As he knows well that some foods make him unhappy, he decided to learn how to use his food allergies and intolerances to inspire healthy cooking. Food should make you happy is his message. This positive attitude speaks to us all.
Why Happy and Healthy?
The Banana Cake George made is healthier because it has no sugar. The less sugar you eat the better it is for you, right?
The use of ripe Bananas makes all the difference, as they are full of fiber and potassium. Also Bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world for good reason. Eating them could help lower blood pressure and reduce the risks of cancer and asthma.
The use of wholemeal flour makes the cake better for you, as the flour has not been processed or refined. You get the goodness of the grain.
George told us that you can adjust any recipes to suit your needs to be happy. This means that you can substitute milk for almond milk, for instance. Or not include nuts if they make you sick. Indeed you need to start and stay smart in the food jungle, so we follow this great advice for food allergies and intolerances!
Recipe: Sugarfree Banana Cake
Banana Cake – Sugarfree Recipe
- 125 g self raising wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75 g sultanas
- 50 g butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Milk or Almond milk if preferred
- 3 Bananas Ripe and mashed
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sultanas in a bowl. Pour the cake mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake for 30 to 40 minutes remove From the oven and allowed to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Then weigh the butter, vanilla essence, egg ,milk and mashed bananas and put them into another bowl.
- Pour in the wet banana mix into the dry flour mix combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Prepare a loaf tin and pour the cake mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes depending on your oven. Take out and allow to remove to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
Star Baker Recipe Maker
George got a prize for his new take on Banana Cake: The School Star Baker Award. After having tried the recipe we can certainly understand why the judges came to this conclusion.
As we congratulate George for the award, the most impressive part is however how food should make you happy. This means navigating around what does not work for you. Thank you, George, for your contribution and we look forward to more recipes as you continue your cooking adventures
Feel free to send us your comments, and contact us if you also have a recipe or other guest blog to send us. Feel, Be and Do Good!
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good