Recipe for Coleslaw with a zingy Saffron Dressing will have everyone coming back for more! The Coleslaw is full of health, no dairy and a ‘to-die-for’ dressing that goes so well with a piece of Chicken or Fish. This Coleslaw works every time, as a side dish or a main salad.
Recipe for Coleslaw with Zingy Saffron Dressing – Health and Taste guarantee
Cabbage is one of those favourites as it consumes more calories when the body processes it, than it actually contains in itself. And add to that carrots for betacarotine, onion for zing, and raisins for natural sweetness. The dressing came about as I wanted something a bit different. The saffron made the whole coleslaw sing with zing!
Try this recipe for coleslaw as a side salad for your BBQ, dinner party or to go with your favourite meats or fish. It is such a versatile recipe to have around. It has become my ‘go-to’ salad to bring along when you are asked to a party for many people. Just vary the quantity and you will have everyone coming back for more.
- 500 g Cabbage
- 1 Red Onion
- 250 g grated Carrot
- 50 g raisins
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp french mustard (I used Dijon)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 sachet of Saffron
- salt, peppar to taste
- Parsley for decoration and added iron.
- Chop cabbage and onion, grate carrots, and set as aside
- Mix lemon juice, honey, mustard, saffron, salt and peppar. Add olive oil and stir.
- Pour Dressing into the bottom on a large serving bowl.
- Add raisins and onion - so that they draw up the juices from the Dressing.
- Then add cabbage, carrots.
- After 5 minutes mix it all together.
- Decorate with some Parsley springs for effect and extra iron 🙂
- Eat & Enjoy!
- This Coleslaw keeps really well. It can be prepared ahead of a party - and is even better the next day!
Do you like good healthy food inspiration? Check out our food posts and recipes, and articles about lifestyle changes you can do to feel, be and do good. Sign up to our Newsletter and get inspiration directly into your inbox – for every day or working (far) away.
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good