Recipes for winter vegetables cooked in the oven with a warming marinade, with three choices – as a side dish, a soup or a warming winter salad. You can use each dish individually, or prepare ahead for your busy week. These are perfect recipes for winter vegetables when you want warmth, health and ease
Winter Vegetables 3 ways
Winter brings cold nights, and brisk days. Add bit of spice to your winter vegetables, and make a difference to the colder season. Here with 30 minutes in the oven – you will have three options, three dinners, or three menu items. Enjoy your choices, get inspired, prepare ahead and enjoy your winter cooking.
- Dinner on its own – or as a Side dish together with grilled fish or chicken.
- Add a few lentils, some stock and a quick whizz with a food processor – and you have a lunch soup – or starter for a dinner.
- Warm Winter Salad – serve on raw spinach leaves, and add pomegranate seeds and feta or gorgonzola.
Let us know what you thought. Comment, share with friends and get inspired to more healthy home cooking.
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Leek
- 1/2 head of Broccoli (I used Roman here)
- 1/2 small pumpkin
- 2 Beet Roots
- 1/2 head of Red Cabbage
- 1/2 head of small White Cabbage
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove - or to taste
- 1 pinch of chilli - or to taste
- 1 table spoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 table spoon Honey
- Juice from one large lemon
- 2-3 table spoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Peppar to taste
- 450 grams of the pre cooked Winter Vegetables (above)
- 400 ml Vegetable Stock
- 100 grams pre-cooked Lentils
- 1 dollop Natural Yoghurt - I used greek yoghurt
- 1 sprig of Parsley
- 400 grams of warm Winter Vegetables
- 500 grams (more or less your choice) raw Spinach leaves
- 100 grams greek Feta - or Gorgonzola
- 1/2 Pomegranate - seeds only.
- 1/3 of the marinade (see above)
- Set Oven to 200 Degrees Celcius
- Chop up all the Vegetables in equal sizes so they cook evenly once in the oven.
- Mix spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, chilli, salt and peppar) and add mustard, honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Pour 3/4 of the marinade over the chopped vegetables. Set aside and save the rest (1/4) for your winter salad.
- Place your marinated vegetables on grease proof paper on a baking tray.
- Into the oven for 30 minutes.
- You can now serve all of the winter vegetables with grilled fish or chicken for four people - or save half for your second dish - warm winter salad or soup. OR - even eat 1/3 for your dinner no 1, and save the east for the other two options below 🙂
- Approx 450 grams of the oven baked winter vegetables
- 400 ml Vegetable stock
- Mix the vegetables and the stock in a food processor, and set to gently simmer on medium.
- Add 100 grams (or more if you prefer) pre cooked lentils.
- Pour into your soup bowls, and add a dollop of natural yoghurt and parsley. Winter warmth with a whizz!
- Approx 400 grams of Winter Vegetables - heat them up if saved from earlier - or warm from the oven.
- Place the vegetables on top of raw spinach leaves in your serving dish.
- Add Feta cheese - or why not Gorgonzola - in small slices on top.
- Add pomegranate seeds for tanginess and extra crunch.
- Pour over the saved 1/3 of marinade you reserved from your winter vegetables.
- Ready, steady, healthy dinner - done!
- Warmth, health, easy, nutritious, options for a busy week - or cosy weekend! So much enjoyment from 30 minutes in the oven! Enjoy!
Do you like good healthy food ideas for your home cooking? Check out our recipes here on The GOODista, and sign up to our Newsletter. You get your inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good lifestyle changes directly in your in-box.
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good
Wow, wonderful recipies, I will try them right away! They fit right in with your recent posts about what the body and brain needs! I will follow you!