Enjoy this recipe for Fish with Pesto and Oven Roasted Vegetables, on a bed of Spinach. Healthy, clean and easy to do. The GOODista wants you to get inspired, so feel free to add and take away so it suits your taste buds, and most of all enjoy the healthy yummy flavours of real quality foods.
Recipe for Fish with Pesto
This is one of those recipes that came about when the fridge looked as if nothing would fit together, but with a bit of thinking the result become far better than the original dinner plan. Of course pesto can work with fish! It is just one of those traditions that you must have fish a certain way – and pesto with pasta. Skip the pasta and add it on fish instead.
If you prefer Chicken over Fish – go ahead and adjust the oven times accordingly. This really works well when you want to have a tasty dinner – or lunch – with that characteristic pesto green colour and taste. Enjoy for Dinner, Lunch and with Guests!
- 150 grams of White Fish (I used Halibut)
- 2 Tablespoons Pesto
- 1 large Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 100 grams Pumpkin
- 1 small Zucchini
- 100 grams Cabbage
- 50 grams Raddichio
- 50 grams Red Pepper
- 100 grams Broccoli
- 500 grams Raw Spinach
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Salt, Peppar to taste
- Set Oven to 200 degrees
- Peel, and chop all the vegetables (except Spinach)
- Mix the chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- Pour over balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Place vegetable mix on a greaseproof paper lined oven tray.
- Into the oven for 15 minutes (total time will be 25 - see fish part and you will understand)
- Place fish on a piece of grease proof paper, and pat off any excess water.
- Spread the pesto over the fish.
- When vegetables have been in the oven for 15 minutes, add the fish by simply placing greaseproof paper on top of the vegetables.
- After 10 minutes, check the fish for firm yet flaky appearance. Total of 25 minutes will then have passed for vegetables + fish. Take out the oven tray.
- Place raw spinach leaves on a large serving plate.
- Put the oven roasted vegetables on top.
- Fish with pesto goes on last - and then....
- Mix it all in a bowl before you put it on a greaseproof paper lined oven tray. You get all the great taste into the vegetables, and use less oil this way.
- Fish with Pesto
- Use the best Pesto you can find, or even make your own. Spread it evenly over Fish before its trip to the oven.
- Spinach Bed & Final Touches
- The hot vegetables and fish will make the spinach leaves wilt. The combination of hot and raw/cold make a wonderful, healthy, crunchy, and very tasty dinner or lunch.
- Enjoy and Feel Good!
Do you like healthy cooking inspiration? The GOODista has many good food recipes for you to check out and loads of posts about lifestyle changes you can do to Feel, Be and Do Good – every day or working (far) away. Sign up and get the newsletter directly in your in-box.
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good