Gazpacho is super food in a bowl. Full of raw food goodness, and brimming with just enough natural heat to make every spoon full interesting. Gazpacho is perfect for a summer party starter, or a simple dinner done in no time. This recipe has watermelon for sweetness, summer ripe tomatoes, and cool cucumber — topped with crunchy roasted nuts. Enjoy the inspiration, add your own variation and send us your feedback. Have fun with your health kicking summer!
Gazpacho Recipe : Summer In A Bowl
Gazpacho is a cold soup served in on a summer evening. Famously funny for Northern Europeans who rarely eat soup cold, and a topic of many early tourist dinner disasters in the early 70’s. These days food has become international, and Gazpacho prepared from Kiruna in Northern Sweden to Queenstown, New Zealand.
Gazpacho – A Recipe For Success For All Tastes
The best thing with Gazpacho: ‘Everyone’ can eat it! Gazpacho works for vegetarians and vegans. It is also great for those that prefer gluten-free, no dairy, low-calorie and healthier foods in general. You boost your magnesium, and anti-oxidant levels and oh! It simply tastes great too 🙂
Gazpacho is one of those recipes that works for starter, main or even dessert (if you are adventurous!). You can mix it endlessly into menus, because of it raw cold qualities. You choose if you want to go entirely Latin, or serve it as part of a BBQ. Choice, individual taste and enjoyment of food is the key!
There must be 1000 ways you can vary Gazpacho. I like mine made simply. This recipe has watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, oil and spices. For crunch, I top each cold soup bowl with warm roasted nuts. You can try what works best for you. Toppings are to be experimented with, and much fun. For a party you can put out small bowls with nuts, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, feta, parmesan, whole-wheat bread cut small and extra chilli for the hotter taste buds. Your guests can choose what they want, and the party is off to a great start.
If you enjoy this recipe, and want more Feel, Be and Do Good inspiration make sure to subscribe to The GOODista. You get newsletter, special offers and more!
- 2 large Tomatoes, in pieces
- 1/4 medium Watermelon, in pieces
- 1 Cucumber, peeled in pieces
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 dashes of Tabasco (or to taste)
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 200 grams mixed Nuts (cashew, almonds, hazelnuts, pistacchio)
- Herbal Salt or Himalaya Salt
- Using a hand blender or food processor mix the tomatoes, cucumber, melon (deseeded preferably), garlic, olive oil and tabasco.
- Mix until smooth and add salt to taste.
- Place in refrigerator until time to serve.
- Roast the nuts in a frying pan (add no oil!) and keep stirring until they are golden and slightly plump.
- Add Herbal Salt or Himalaya Salt.
- Serve in individual bowls, or in one for all.
- Add the ice cubes, and nut topping.
- Place smaller bowls with extra nuts, and other toppings that you like 🙂
- This recipe can be varied in infinity, and is really more for inspiration. The toppings are up to you, and your guests preferences. Nuts add an extra dimension and crunch. Have fun with your Gazpacho, and enjoy the evening!
Comment – Here or on FaceBook:
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good