This recipe for salmon salad has all the superfood crunch, and more than anything it heightens a simple salad to something much more luxurious. Dinner for one — or for guests. Get inspired, enjoy and play with the ingredients so you get it just the way you want it. We give you the basics, and you can do it our way or your way. Salmon is the hero, the rest is up to you 🙂 Enjoy!
Salad with Salmon & Pomegranate – A Health Boosting Favourite
This Salad with Pomegranate, Red Cabbage, Spinach, Red Onion, and Parsley – is crowned by beautiful Salmon. It really gives you all the health boosting vitamins, minerals and Omega-3 you want. Most of all it tastes really, really fantastic in its light mustard dressing.
Get inspired, enjoy, share with friends, or have it just on your own with a big glass of lemon water.
- 100 g Salmon (marinated, Grav lax)
- 50 g Pomegranate seeds
- 400 g Spinach
- 100 g Iceberg Lettuce
- 50 g Red Cabbage
- 50 g Red Onion
- 50 g Carrots (grated)
- 2-3 sprigs of Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard (I used Dijon Mustard)
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Salt, Peppar to taste
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Chop onion and red cabbage. Add them to the bowl so they can absorb the dressing.
- Add the grated carrots, iceberg lettuce and spinach.
- Add the pomegranate seeds by giving the fruit a good 'thwack' so the seeds fall into the bowl as red jewels.
- Mix it all together and add the chopped parsley on top.
- Finally - Top it with Salmon that you have cut into long strips.
- Add the onion, and red cabbage to the dressing a good five minutes before you add the rest. The dressing gets absorbed by them which really improves the overall taste later.
Have you enjoyed this recipe? Did you know that The GOODista has many healthy eating recipes – and loads of inspiration for your lifestyle changes? Sign up to our newsletter and get your feel, be and do good kick every week.
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good