Recipe for Trout that works every time. Everyone loves it and your get your dinner party or BBQ off to a great start. For the cook this is an easy one. No complications, and no fuss – just natural and great tasting.
Trout is a dish for a feast. At first, I was a bit scared by this whole fish staring back at me, but then decided to make it as simple as possible. It tasted so good. By just adding Lemon, Thyme, Olive Oil and Rock Salt, the natural flavours came out. What a treat it was! My original idea has been to place it on a BBQ – wrapped in aluminium foil – but this version in the oven worked just as well.
Recipe for Trout in the oven with Lemon and Thyme
Heavy rain stopped the planned outside fun, so when moving Easter inside this year we decided that you can absolutely make a trout recipe work also without a BBQ.
This trout grilled in the oven came out fabulous, if I may say so myself. 🙂
We served it with steamed carrots and zucchini, with a drizzle of lemon and olive oil. The planned BBQ was replaced with a cosy Easter feast – and we thank the Trout for making it such a success. Enjoy it you too – in the oven or on the BBQ – let the weather decide!
- 1 Trout
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Rock Salt (Sea Salt)
- 1 big bunch of Thyme
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Leek
- Set oven to 200 Degrees (Celcius), and prepare a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Gut the Trout if your fish monger has not helped you with this, and then score it on both sides thru the flesh, so you can stick in lemon wedges and thyme (see below).
- Rub Trout with 2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil and Salt.
- Cut 1 Lemon into thick wedges, and add one wedge into the side cuts, and place the others inside the gut.
- Stick thyme into in the scores, and a generous sprig in the gut too.
- Cut up the other lemon into thicker roundels and place on grease proof lined baking tray.
- Cut up the leek into thick pieces and place next to the lemons on baking tray.
- Place Trout on tip of lemon roundels and leek.
- Sprinkle the rest of the olive oil over it.
- Into the oven for 25 minutes — while you steam you carrots, zucchini or other vegetables.
- Serve as soon as possible when ready.
- If you get a sunny day, you can wrap the fish in aluminium foil and grill it for approx. 20 minutes (open foil to check). BBQ-ing it adds a smoky tang - oh! So good too!
- The Trout needs no sauce, or other accompaniment — but should you be so inclined — you could take some natural yoghurt, add a few sprigs of thyme, lemon, black pepper and salt - et voila!
Do you like healthy easy recipes that work for your natural clean eating wants? The GOODista has loads, and also many posts about lifestyle changes you can do to Feel, Be and Do Good. Sign up to the Newsletter, and enjoy The GOODista directly in your in-box.
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good