Watermelon salad season is here! There are so many versions of this salad, that Nigella first brought to the worlds’ attention some years’ back. Recipes are meant to inspire, and you add / take away according to your tastes and what you have at home. This watermelon salad works with guests or as a healthy family dinner when its hot outside. Try it – Enjoy it!
Watermelon Salad with Feta, Sundried Tomato and Crunch
My take on this classic salad uses Feta, Sundried Tomatoes, Baby Spinach with Watermelon as the hero of the dish. I sprinkle sunflower seeds on top for crunch and texture. Oh – so nice! A saviour for summer BBQ or as an appetizer for guests – or why not just for you and your Me Time pleasures?
- 1 Kg Watermelon
- 500 gram Feta cheese (best you can find!)
- 400 gram Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery Stick
- Bunch of Parsley
- Big bunch of Fresh Mint
- 500 grams of Baby Spinach - or Mixed leaves with of Spinach, Swiss Chard, Beet Root leaves etc
- 50 grams Sunflower Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Lemon cut into 2 halves
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix apple cider vinegar, 1/2 lemon with salt and pepper and Olive Oil
- Chop the Red Onion into thin half circles
- Put the Onion in bowl, and mix so the Onion gets married to the Vinegar & Olive Oil
- Grate the Carrot, and chop Celery into small pieces
- Chop the Sundried Tomatoes into small pieces too
- Roughly chop the Mint and Parsley
- Take all the above and place on top of your Onion, Vinegar & Olive Oil mix. DON'T mix it all together yet! 🙂
- Chop the Water melon into smallish bite size pieces - taking out as many seeds as you can.
- Cut the Feta Cheese into similar size bits.
- NOW you can mix all your other ingredients together and spoon over a bed of Spinach in a serving bowl.
- Place Watermelon and Feta on top.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 Lemon for freshness.
- Finish with a sprinkling of Sunflower Seeds and a Mint sprig for extra flourish.
- EAT! Enjoy!
- Sunflower Seeds are optional of course, and your taste if what guides you. This Salad is great on its own, but also with a grilled fish or chicken. The coolness of the Watermelon will bring down any spice that you may have marinated your BBQ meats or fish in too. Experiment & Enjoy!
The GOODista has many recipes for your healthy food wants, and also great articles about lifestyle changes you can do. Sign up, get your lifestyle change inspiration directly into your in-box – and enjoy your journey to Feel, Be and Do Good-ness!
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good