This recipe for avocado beetroot salad will inspire healthy summer food ease. You can enjoy this as a meal on its own. Bring it along when you’re invited for a BBQ. Plan a summer menu, and have this as a vegetarian protein booster. It’s easy, yummy and healthy. Try it!
Avocado Beetroot Salad: For All Seasons
This time of year, I am deep into tomatoes and my ultimate tomato recipes was one of the most visited posts last year. As much as I love tomatoes in all its forms, it can be nice to get a break from them. 🙂
This salad came about as I – rather unusually – found an avocado at the market. One thing led to another, so with beetroot in the house I set about to create something that didn’t include the usual Italian summer fare.
I enjoyed the salad all by myself, but thought this is a recipe to share – with you. And – think you will like it with family and friends.
I call it a summer salad, but if you live in a country where you can find vegetables even out of season – this would work just as well in autumn, winter or spring.
Let me know what you think! And..Psst! Subscribe 🙂
Avocado Beetroot Salad: Healthy and Good
Avocado and beetroot work so well together. Have you tried? Do! I know that it is not a combination that you normally see, but I love the marriage between the soft creamy avocado and the beetroot tangy mellowness.
Avocado Beetroot Salad with Extra Touches
I have the salad some extra touches, protein and sparkle as a final flurry. Lentils, peas and spring onions – quickly heated with some garlic and chill – gave that extra hum of yum.
The dressing is what make the whole combo work in harmony. You ned not worry about the health facts, as the recipe has no salt or sugar. Sundried tomatoes give enough salt, and a touch of honey sweetness. The mustard gives death. Lentils and peas add protein and earthiness. A summer salad to satisfy taste buds and nutritional needs. What more do you want?
Tip: If you need to convert from metric: Cooking Conversion
- 1 Avocado - Sliced
- 2 Beetroots - Sliced
- 2 Spring onions - Chopped
- 100 g Lentils
- 50 g Green Peas
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tea spoon of Chilli (optional)
- 1 Carot - Sliced lengthwise
- 1 Celery Sprig - Chopped
- 100 g Baby Spinach (or use Watercress if you prefer)
- 1 Lemon - Squeezed (you only need the juice)
- 2 Table Spoons Olive Oil
- 1 Table Spoon Mustard (Dijon is best)
- 2 tea spoons Honey
- 3 Sundried Tomatoes - Chopped small
- Black Pepper to taste
- Chop and slice all your vegetables and set aside. Tip: Drizzle some lemon over the avocado so it stays green.
- Lightly fry the spring onions with garlic and chilli until soft, and add the lentils and peas last minute. Let cool.
- Mix the dressing and remember that the sundried tomatoes gives enough salt (don't add unless you absolutely need to 🙂 )
- Lay out the baby spinach (or watercress) on a big platter. Place the slices of avocado and beetroot in a nice pattern, and add the rest of the vegetables.
- Pour over the dressing - and save some for serving.
- Serve with some dark bread
- The amounts are calculated for two large portions, so feel free to adjust as you wish - or according to how you wish to serve it. Enjoy!
If you have recipes you would like to share write to us. Use the comment box below, and we’ll get back to you!
Do you want weekly tips how to feel, be and do good? Subscribe to The GOODista for wellness and energy – every day and working (far) away.
Did You Like The Salad? Comment:
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good