A healthy recipe for salmon salad with blue cheese gives you smoky and salty flavours, which are then combined with sweet cantaloupe melon and earthy roasted pine kernels for crunch. I added sun-dried tomatoes and cucumber for freshness and surprise, and to that a dressing of Dijon mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. A great combination that you can vary according to your taste, and what is in season. Enjoy this recipe as an eat clean inspiration, and healthy addition to your ‘new you’ recipe collection.
Recipe for Salmon Salad with Blue Cheese, Melon and Friends
This is one of those recipes you can have for healthy lunch or mid-week dinner, or as an elegant starter with guests. For a BBQ this is that go-getter dish, that is easy to bring along, and have the dressing ready to pour over when its time to eat. Such a good choice for those that prefer not to have meat – or for pescatarians 🙂 .
- 150 gram smoked Salmon
- 50 gram Blue Cheese
- 300 gram cantaloupe Melon (rind removed)
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 30 gram grated Carrots
- 1 Celery stick
- 5 sun-dried Tomatoes
- 30 gram roasted Pine Kernels
- 200 gram baby Spinach or Water Cress Salad (go for small salad green leaves 🙂 )
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard - I used Dijon
- 1/2 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Peppar to taste
- Chop all your vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Roast your pine kernels and be careful not to burn them. Do not add oil to the pan or oven tray as they are naturally oily, but do add a bit of salt, pepper or Za'atar if you have that at home.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes up into smaller bits so they distribute themselves nicely later.
- Chop up the blue cheese into nice even chunks.
- Cut the salmon (I use kitchen scissors for this) into nice long strips.
- Mix the vegetables with the sun-dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Lay out the green salad or spinach leaves on a big serving platter, add the vegetable mix and then the salmon, blue cheese and top with the pine kernels.
- Pour on dressing when you are just about to serve.
- The recipe is indicated for 4 people, but you can of course change the quantities according to number of guests.
Recipe for Salmon Salad with Blue Cheese: Eat Clean Inspiration
Eating cleaner will help you rebalance body and mind, and stop food cravings. Every step to a healthier way of life is one step further. Starting to make lifestyle changes can be daunting as there is a lot to learn, and especially if you are based in a remote location access and choice can be limited. However, you are the only one stopping you. You are too smart for that, and once you have decided you can but go further.
If you are looking or more inspiration to healthier foods, why this is good for you, and how to start your lifestyle changes – feel free to follow The GOODista. We aspire to inspire you to feel, be and do good for your wellness and energy. Sign up here below.
Recommended and Related:
- 10 Ways to Eat Clean – Eating Well
- The Food Cravings Goodbye Guide and Chart – The GOODista
- Health Food Inspiration from Amazon:
Tell us what you think – Comment Here and on FaceBook 🙂
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good
Wow, what a fresh, elegant salad! Will try it out already today, thank you!
Thanks! So glad the recipe gave you inspiration. 🙂
This recipe looks delicious, I can’t wait to try it!