This recipe for spinach and quinoa salad is so much more than just a salad. The balanced flavours of warm fusion spice, and cold crush, gives enough satisfaction to work as a dinner, lunch or big post-gym nutrition feed. You can rest assured that vegetarians and carnivores alike will walk away happy and feel totally well taken care of. For those times when you cannot figure out what is missing in your healthy life balance – make this recipe and feed all your food groups all at once.
Healthy Happy Balance
As with anything you need balance in all that you do. This goes for food also. Too much of one thing makes you go: Bah!
When a salad feels like too green of a choice, and quinoa sounds like a total trip to ‘Health Hell’ — this recipe for spinach and quinoa salad comes to the rescue.
The spiciness of the dressing is balanced by the earthy flavours of spinach, carrot and nutty quinoa. The topping of roasted pistachio nuts gives a satisfying crunchy texture, while the feta, and pomegranate, provides just enough sweet and salt to have your palate go: Yes!
Try the recipe, and let us know what you think by commenting below please 🙂 . Do you have a recipe to share with The GOODista readers? We welcome any healthy happy contributions that makes us Feel, Be and Do Good. Write to us!
For conversion from metric try this site: Convert Me Cooking
Recipe for Spinach and Quinoa Salad
- 50 g of Quinoa real (red quinoa)
- 300 g Spinach - raw
- 100 g Carrots - grated
- 50 g Onion - chopped
- 30 g Feta Cheese - grated
- 20 g Pistachio Nuts - shelled
- 1/2 Pomegranate - seeds only
- 1 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon - juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil - best you can get
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Za'atar spiceblend
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli (optional but so nice!)
- Salt and Peppar
- Put on your oven to 200 degrees (celsius)
- Boil water with some salt and za'atar spice and add your quinoa and chopped onion. Follow the directions on your quinoa packet. Normally it takes 20 minutes.
- Drain the water from the quinoa, and drizzle with a few drops of olive oil. Set aside.
- Place your pistachio nuts on grease proof paper on an over tray.
- Mix the dressing and before you pour the olive oil in, take one tea spoon and and drizzle over the pistachio nuts.
- Let your pistachio nuts go golden and crispy - takes approx 5 min. (check carefully so you don't burn them!). Set them aside to go completely cool.
- Grate the feta cheese.
- Take a bowl, add spinach, carrots and quinoa and mix with the dressing so all gets covered.
- On a large serving platter place your dressed spinach, carrot and quinoa.
- Tap the pomegranate with a spoon so the seeds sprinkle over like little red jewels.
- Add the grated feta cheese and then the crunchy pistachio nuts.
- This salad serves two as a dinner, or four as a side dish or starter. You can of course vary the quantities as this is one perfect for a big buffet, or BBQ accompaniment. Enjoy!
Do You Like This Recipe? Please let us know!
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good
Oh, sounds absolutely fabulous! Will try later today! And so simple! Just what we need in this autumn season, and I trust it will taste just as well during spring or summer!
Good luck and enjoy the recipes – Welcome back to The GOODista for more about easy lifestyle changes to Feel, Be and Do Good. Cheers,