Superfood salad is a recipe to boost your energy – any day or every day. Savour the warming notes of this superfood salad with the spicy roasted vegetables that blend with raw spinach and orange segments. Place grilled halloumi on top — and enjoy as a post-workout lunch, or healthy dinner. Who said that clean eating is boring? This is more-ish, yummy and superfood good for you!
Superfood Salad: Raw Food and Warm Comfort
When I can’t make up my mind weather I want raw food, or warming comfort – I mix the two. A happy blend of two schools of thought, that works.
The superfood salad is perfect for grey weather days when you need to boost your spirits and energy levels. Raw spinach and fresh orange segments are the cold part – and marinated, oven-roasted vegetables become the warming partner. Grilled Halloumi cheese brings melting saltiness, and the pine-nuts a final crunch.
Superfood Salad: Rainbow Boosting Goodness
Superfood is a category of much hyped — and highly researched — foods. The definition states that superfood is “a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being.”
The food gives you maximum nutritional value in relation to its size, which is therefore thought to be extra good for you.
Before you even think in terms of diet, or fad – make sure to have a balanced way of eating that include all the body’s and mind’s needs. Tip: Read: How To Become a Food Groupie and Health Wealthy
Superfood Salad: Value For Body and Mind
You get great value for body, mind and healthy lifestyle change goals by incorporating rainbow foods into your food. The stronger the colour the better for you is the basic principal. You also need to mix and match fruit, vegetables, protein and fats so you get balance.
This recipe for superfood salad is a great example for how you can get all your rainbow superfood goodness into your day – and savour the taste with much glee. Let us know what you think!
If you like to get inspired to healthy lifestyle changes and maintain them every day at home, or working (far) away – Join our mailing list: Subscribe
Super Food Salad: Recipe
- 1 Orange
- 500 gram Spinach (raw not frozen)
- 30 gram Halloumi Cheese (or 3 - 4 1/2 cm slices)
- 20 gram Pinenuts (roasted)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 1 Pepper
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Peel the Orange, and cut out segments. Any leftover juices can be poured into a mixing bowl.
- Tear up the Spinach with you hands and place in your serving bowl.
- Roughly chop your Onion, Pepper and Fennel.
- Mix the dressing / marinade by mixing the salt, cinnamon and turmeric with the leftover orange juices, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Take 2/3 of the dressing / marinade and pour over the cut up vegetables.
- Send the vegetables for an oven trip for 15 minutes or until they are soft and 'golden'.
- Place the oven-roasted vegetables on top of your Spinach, add the Orange segments and Pine Nuts.
- Now take your Halloumi and fry in a skillet or grill pan (add v little oil) until they turn golden, and they loosen from the pan.
- Place the Halloumi on top of the rest of the super salad and add the remainder of the dressing — and enjoy!
- This can be served as a side dish if you want a meat or fish as accompaniment, although I prefer it all on its own.
If you need to convert from metric try this: Cooking Conversion
Superfood Salad: Yummy Comfort
I like the food that you can eat every day, or any day and appreciate for its clean flavours – and savour just because its yummy. Healthy food works for body, mind and spirit, and real cooking adds to the comfort factor.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe – and if you like more check out our recipe category here: Recipes
Let us know how this superfood salad inspired you – and if you have any recipes you would like to share with The GOODistas readers. Feel free to rate the recipe below – and comment.
Welcome back for more inspiration to a healthy lifestyle every day and working (far) away.
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good