Salad is one of those all-encompassing food words that fit any lunch or dinner. Some, however, lift your spirit as well as fill you with superfood nutritious goodness. This Salmon, Apple and Wasabi Nut Salad does just that.
I don’t know about you, but I go ‘nuts’ when I see Wasabi Nuts.
As I cannot buy them here, I get them online from Amazon.co.uk (or Amazon.com)— and use them sparingly and enjoy every nut with enormous glee. Wasabi Nuts are the perfect topping on this salad and add to the Asian touch.
This recipe is surprisingly easy to make, with balanced flavors that come together in an Asian inspired dish that works as well as a first course, or the main meal. Adjust the quantities according to how many you serve, and switch out the Salmon if Chicken is more to your taste. A salad for one? Or impress your guests :).
Share this recipe with friends, and follow The GOODista for more healthy food recipes that make you Feel, Be and Do Good!
- 100 gram Salmon - raw smoked salmon of the best kind you can find and afford 🙂
- 1 Apple - must be of a 'sharp' kind like 'Granny Smith' or 'Stark'. ( I used Stark here)
- 30 gram Wasabi Nuts (found in most supermarkets, or on-line)
- 1 Onion - try finding Banana Onion - or similar mild tasting one
- 1 grated Carrot
- 1 Celery stick
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 500 gram Salad mixed leaves of iceberg and baby green leaves for crunch and health 🙂
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Chilli or less (optional)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Ginger (same size as Garlic Clove :))
- 2 tsp Soya sauce. Lighter Soy like Japanese is best.
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice, or Thai 7 spice
- 1 Lime
- 1 tsp Honey
- Chop the Apple, Cucumber, Celery, and Onion into thin slices.
- Cut your Salmon into long strips.
- Crush the Wasabi Nuts using a Pestle & Mortar or a Knife.
- Wash the Salad leaves
- Mix the Sesame Oil, Japanese Soy, Honey, Lime Juice, Chilli and add a shake or two of Chinese 5 Spice (or Thai 7 Spice) and grate in your Garlic and Ginger.
- Place the Salad Leaves in a Big Bowl or individual dishes (is it just you or do you have guests?)
- Add the chopped Apple, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Onion
- Pour the Dressing over at this stage.
- Place your Salmon on Top.
- Crown your Salad with Wasabi Nut Crunch
- You can adjust the quantities according to how many you have around your table. The quantities in this recipe is enough for 4 people as a first course. Enjoy!
Recommended and Related:
- Recipe for Salmon Salad with Blue Cheese – thegoodista.com
- Beetroot Marinated Salmon Recipe – thegoodista.com
- Food Cravings Goodbye Guide – thegoodista.com
Subscribe to Newsletter and More
Inspiration to Feel, Be and Do Good